Under the direction of the Accountant, the Accounting Assistant performs general accounting duties in accordance with prescribed procedures and accounting practices. Other duties and responsibilities will be required per the Accountant.
Job Duties/Responsibilities (The “What”):
- Voucher A/P invoices and file in open A/P.
- Select invoices for payment and prepare A/P check run.
- Match A/P invoices to checks and forward for check signing.
- Mail A/P checks and file paid invoices.
- Compile shipping documents, match with customer orders and invoice shipments.
- Process cash receipts.
- Assist with month-end close activities.
- File and maintain clerical records and reports.
- Back up and relief for purchaser.
- Back up for traffic coordinator.
- Maintain departmental housekeeping standards.
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations
- Other duties as assigned.
Leadership (The “How”):
- Lives and conducts business by a values-based “walking the talk”. Leads and maintains a high level of consistency between what is said, and what is done. Is committed to the “What” that needs to be done, and also the “How” — the manner in which it is accomplished.
- Is committed to employee engagement and fostering two-way dialogue and active communication with employee owners on all shifts. Is committed to a visible presence with all teams.
- Grasps the power of Employee Ownership, and can relate positively with Employee-Owners. Is able to coach, encourage, support, teach, counsel, correct, and hold accountable.
- Ability to lead and influence. Leads by example and models exemplary behavior, including emotional balance and maturity. Ego is appropriately in check.
- Supports the Guiding Behaviors (Accountability, Customer Focus, Teamwork, Engagement, Ethics, Shareholder Value, and Continuous Improvement) and understands their role in both the external competitive and internal employee-ownership arenas.
- Holds people in high regard. Gains buy-in from team members, is transparent, credible, and trustworthy. Has the courage to tell the truth, and is able to resolve conflict. Encourages skill development and learning.
- Believes that most people want to do a good job, want to be part of a successful company, and desire to contribute to that success in a meaningful way. These influences how the Leader interfaces with others and approaches business challenges.
- Committed to Lean and process improvement. Has a bias for action, is committed to Lean practice and discipline, works effectively with teams, is comfortable with data and utilizing it to influence business decisions.
- Requires an associate’s degree in accounting and two years related experience or five years related experience in a manufacturing environment desired.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as invoices, purchase orders, requisitions, quotations, procedure manuals, and various documents.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondences.
- Requires effective communication with vendors and other employees of the organization.
- Must speak, understand, read, and write English proficiently.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions or information furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Requires the ability to operate various office equipment to include a computer, fax, printer, copy machine, phone system and other equipment in office.
- Physical Requirements include: Twisting, turning, grasping, reaching, kneeling, crawling, pulling, extended periods of standing, ability to lift 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Ladder Industries is a subsidiary of Wildeck, one of the largest manufacturer of mezzanines, vertical material lifts (VRCs), industrial ladders, custom platforms, conveyor crossovers, and safety guarding products in North America. Key markets include: industrial and retail distribution centers, manufacturing facilities, warehouses, automotive parts rooms, self-storage facilities, aerospace manufacturing, and other operations. Wildeck designs and supplies equipment and systems that provide safe and efficient storing, lifting, access, and guarding of materials.
We are proud to be part of Holden Industries, Inc., a 100% employee-owned company. Our ownership culture creates the foundation for excellence in serving our customers.
Building on our 40-year history, our focus on high quality, innovation, superior customer service, and lean enterprise/continuous improvement offers employees significant opportunities to learn and advance their careers. Wildeck’s ongoing re-investment in both people and technology has enabled consistent revenue growth and profit stability. This Ownership culture, combined with a highly skilled team, positions us well to meet the challenges our customers face in the markets we serve.
PO. Box 89
Waukesha, WI 53187
Fax: (262) 549-1937